125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
125g self-raising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cake cases.
- Beat together the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl or mug, and add in the vanilla extract.
- Add a little of the eggs and sift in a little of the flour and mix well until all of the eggs and flour have been added.
- Add a teaspoon of cake mixture into each cake case. Top with a teaspoon of jam, and then cover the jam with another teaspoon of cake mixture
- Spoon into cases and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and spring back when pushed in the centre.
I would recommend eating one once they’re out of the oven, as they’re especially yummy whilst still warm! I’ve left mine uniced for now, but they would be lovely with some chocolate buttercream and topped with a fresh raspberry for a more decadent cake!